Affordable Connectivity Program
SFCN is a participating provider of the Affordable Connectivity Program.
So what is it?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) program that helps households struggling to pay for internet service. This benefit connects eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and more.
The ACP replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). Recipients fully enrolled as of December 31, 2021 in the EBB will automatically continue to receive their current monthly benefit until March 1, 2022. You can learn more about the program transition and steps you may need to take to stay enrolled after March 1, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
Eligible households can receive a discount of up to $30/month towards broadband service.
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible to participate in the ACP if a member of the household meets at least one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program
How do I sign up?
If you believe that your household is eligible to participate in the ACP, follow the steps below to verify your eligibility and apply for the ACP discount:
- First, go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Second, after your application has been approved and your eligibility has been verified, bring your I.D. in to our office between 9 AM and 4 PM, Monday through Friday to sign the consent form allowing SFCN to enroll you in the ACP Program.
- Enrollment in the ACP Program relies on your eligibility being verified in the National Verifier system. If you have not successfully completed step 1, SFCN will be unable to enroll you in the ACP Program.
- Our office is located at 65 South 630 West in Spanish Fork.